YIGC Announcements for 9/2/17
Candle Lighting: Earliest 6:36 pm/Latest 7:40 pm
Mincha: Stone Earlier: 6:25 pm/Later: 7:45 pm—–HAC: 6:25 pm
(Stone Syn). Shabbos Childcare Groups: 10:30-11:15 am in Lower Level
• Boys & girls age 3 through kindergarten
• Boys 1st-4th grade
(Stone) Shacharis Hashkoma 8:00 am.
(Stone) 8:30 pm Chumash Shiur
(Stone) Main Shul & HAC 9:00 am.
(Stone) 5:30 pm Shabbos afternoon shiur on “Halacha & Minhagim”
(HAC) 6:00 pm followed by Rabbi Yankel Cohen’s Gemara Shiur
(Stone) 6:15/ 7:25 pm. Shalosh Seudos follows the second Mincha
(HAC) 30 minutes before Maariv: Rabbi Lebovics Shiur in Jewish History for men and women
(Stone) Rabbi Berger’s Shiur at 8:20 pm
Maariv: 8:39 pm
Motzei Shabbos: 8:47 pm
Mon. Sept. 4-Labor Day: Shacharis: Stone 7:15/8:00/8:30 am———–HAC 7:20 am
Weekday Shacharis times:
Stone Syn: S & M 7:15/8:00/8:30 am—Th 6:40/7:50 am TWF 6:30/7:00 am
HAC: S & M 7:20 am—Th 6:40/7:10 am—TWF 6:30/7:00 am
Mincha: Sun-Thurs. 7:35 pm
HAC Weekday Shiurim: Sun.- Thurs. Rabbi Lebovics Shiur on Trei Asar: 20 minutes before Mincha
Kollel is back in session.
Shabbos: Open Bais Medrash between 2nd Mincha and Maariv
Rabbi Gross’s Sunday morning class will not meet
Sun.-Thurs. Mincha 6:00 pm————–Maariv: 9:30 pm
Sun.-Thurs. Rabbi Baum’s Daf Yomi at 8:30 pm
Thursday Night Mishmor Program–Topic: The Arba Minim-8:00-9:30 pm followed by Maariv
2nd session: Sept. 7: “Lulav—In-depth Halacha learning with chavrusa followed by a guest speaker. Hot food will be served.
(Tuesday) Rabbi Baum’s class for women at 2:15 pm
Rabbi Burnstein’s classes:
• Monday class for women 8:15 pm at the home of Deena Israeli
• Daf Yomi: Sun.-Fri. 8:50 am.
• Mishna Brura, Sunday-Friday 7:30 am and Sunday -Thursday 9 pm at Young Israel
• Gemara Shiur: Wednesday after Mincha/Maariv at approximately 8:15 pm
• Yoreh Dai’ah Shiur: Wednesday at 9:25 pm
Dr. Hillel Chiel’s class: (Stone) Sunday at 9:15 am in the Beit Midrash on Rambam’s Moreh Nevuchim
10:15 am (after the 8:00 am minyan):
• Dr. Jeffrey Lautman’s Shiur on Book of Kings
• Rabbi Moshe Berger class “Aspects of Prayer and Liturgy” will not meet
• Shabbat Afternoon: Gemara-Avodah Zorah: The class is for men and women, taught by Dr. Jeffrey Lautman, at his home, 2567 Rubyvale, 6:45 pm. No Talmud experience necessary.
We are delighted to partner with Green Road synagogue to provide hospitality during the chagim for those affected in Houston. If you are willing and able to provide hospitality and/or meals, please contact Alyssa Levi at Alyssa.firstname.lastname@example.org
High Holiday Packets:
Please complete seat & Yizkor book forms and submit to office with payment as promptly as possible.
Calendars are now available in the office.
Shamos can be dropped off at Mt. Olive Cemetery from Sept. 11-15
Stone Settings at Zion Memorial Park on Sunday, September 3
• 11:00 am for Asher Rabinsky, husband of our member, Leatrice Rabinsky
• 12:00 pm for Abraham Donner, father of our member, Michelle Mandelbaum
Refuah Shelaima to:
Sarah Rothner (Sora bas Roiza)
Lynda Steiner (Leah Chana bas Chaya)
Irv Silber (Yitzchak Isaac ben Rivka)
Our member, Mrs. Roszler on the loss of her husband, Rabbi Herman Roszler. Shiva is at the Sunshine home,
2574 Rubyvale in University Heights until Monday morning. Shiva hours: Friday: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Motzei Shabbos: 9:30 pm to 11:00 pm
Minyanim at the Shiva house will begin on Sunday evening:
Sunday: Mincha/Maariv 7:35 pm—-Monday: Shacharis 7:30 am
Mazel Tov to:
• Peretz & Nechama Katz on the birth of a boy
• Yisrael & Sherrie Mendenhall on the marriage of their daughter, Chaya, to Max Winters
• Julian & Ilka Gordon on the Bar Mitzvah of their grandson, Joey Berenholz. Parents are Jeff & Shoshana Berenholz.
• Susan Gottesman on the birth of a great granddaughter. Parents are Michael & Danielle Fruman; grandparents are Aron & Debbie Zanger of Engelwood, N.J.
• Barry Miller on the birth of a granddaughter. Parents are Ben & Tracy Miller of Chicago.
(Stone) Kiddush (hot) is in the Lower Level Social Hall. There is a private event in the Banquet Hall
These announcements are sponsored by Plaza Auto Leasing Midwest:
“Plaza Auto Leasing Midwest looks forward to servicing all of your Automotive Leasing and Buying Needs! All Makes, All Models, New and Used! Call 216-333-1380 or email email@example.com Ask for Will Evans!”
Community Announcements 9/2/17
Rabbi Pesach Krohn Lecture Tuesday, Sept. 5, 8:00 pm Yavne High School
A Pre-Rosh Hashana Community Lecture sponsored by Lev Echad/Lev Modin
Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland
Annual Fall Cemetery Cleanup—Sunday, Sept. 10, 2017—9:30 to 11:30 am
Chesed Shel Emeth Cemetery, 3740 Ridge Road, Cleveland, OH 44144
RSVP by Sept. 6 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring your own weed trimmers, shovels, clippers, hedgers, gloves, wheelbarrows and other gardening tools.
Shaimos will be collected at the Cemetery Cleanup
Thursday Night Time Learning
Upstairs in the Beachwood Kollel for all HS Teens!
9:15pm How to Love Shabbos
Stay Updated about Cleveland NCSY Events!
All teens AND parents are welcome to join our Cleveland NCSY Event Update WhatsApp group, which we’ll use this year to update everyone weekly on all upcoming events. To join, text “WhatsApp me!” to 216-213-3660.