YIGC Announcements for Shemini Atzeres, Simchas Torah & Shabbos Beraishis 10/15/17
Remember to make an Erev Tavshillin
(Stone Syn). Shemini Atzeres & Shabbos Childcare Groups(not on Simchas Torah): 10:30-11:15 am
• Boys & girls age 3 through kindergarten
• Boys 1st-4th grade
• Girls 3rd-6th grade –2nd floor Conference Room
WEDNESDAY NIGHT, OCTOBER 11
EVE OF SHEMINI ATZERES
Candle lighting: 6:33 pm
(Blessings are L’hadlik Ner Shel Yom Tov & Shehechiyanu)
Mincha: 6:35 pm
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12—SHEMINI ATZERES
Shacharis: Hashkoma Stone Syn 8:00 am
Stone Syn & HAC: 9:00 am
Yizkor is said today.
Mincha: 6:30 pm (followed by Divrei Torah by our own members)
Maariv: 7:32 pm (followed by Hakafos)
Candle lighting & preparations for Simchas Torah no earlier than 7:40 pm
(Blessings are L’hadlik Ner Shel Yom Tov & Shehechiyanu.) No new fruit necessary
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13— SIMCHAS TORAH
Shacharis: Stone Syn. 8:30 am (one Minyan) — HAC 8:45 am
Mincha & Kabbolas Shabbos: 6:30 pm
Candle lighting: 6:29 pm
(Stone) Shacharis Hashkoma 8:00 am.
(Stone) 8:30 pm Chumash Shiur
(Stone) Main Shul & HAC 9:00 am.
Mincha: 6:20 pm followed by Shalosh Seudos
Maariv: 7:29 pm
Motzei Shabbos: 7:37 pm
Rosh Chodesh Cheshvan: Friday, Oct. 20—Shacharis: Stone 6:30/7:40 am———HAC 6:30/7:00 am
10:15 am (after the 8:00 am minyan):
• Dr. Jeffrey Lautman’s Shiur on Book of Kings will not meet
• Rabbi Moshe Berger class “Aspects of Prayer and Liturgy”
• Shabbos Afternoon: Dr. Lautman’s Shiur on Gemara-Avodah Zorah: Will not meet
Weekday Shacharis times:
Stone Syn: S 7:15/8:00/8:30 am—M & Th 6:40/7:50 am TW 6:30/7:00 am F (Rosh Chodesh) 6:30/7:40 am
HAC: S 7:20 am—M & Th 6:40/7:10 am—TW 6:30/7:00 am F (Rosh Chodesh) 6:30/7:00 am
Rabbi Burnstein’s classes:
• Monday night women’s class at 8:15 pm at the home of Deena Israeli.
• Daf Yomi: Sun.-Fri. 8:50 am.
• Mishna Brura, Sunday-Friday 7:30 am and Sunday -Thursday 9 pm at Young Israel
• Gemara Shiur: Wednesday at 8:00 pm
• Yoreh Dai’ah Shiur: Wednesday at 9:25 pm
Rabbi Moshe Berger’s classes:
• Sunday morning Parsha & Bagels, 9:00 am to 10:20 am, YIGC Lower Level for men & women
• Tuesday night class on Parshas HaShavua for women at 7:30 pm
• Wednesday afternoon Chumash class for women at 12:15 pm
• Wednesday night class on Dramatic Narratives in the Talmud at 7:15 pm
• Thursday night class on Hebrew writings of Rabbi Soloveitchik, at 7:15 pm
• Rabbi Berger is available for private or semi-private Torah study. Contact him at 216-533-5233
Dr. Hillel Chiel’s class: (Stone) Sunday at 9:15 am in the Beit Midrash on Rambam’s Moreh Nevuchim
Refuah Shelaima to:
Sarah Rothner (Sora bas Roiza)
Lynda Steiner (Leah Chana bas Chaya)
Mazel Tov to:
• Kenny and Ruth Wieder, grandparents, and Pepi Simon and Bea Wieder, great grandmothers, on the Bar Mitzvah of Daniel Wilbur in Israel. Parents are Jon & Carly Wilbur.
• Hannah Orly Levi on her Bas Mitzvah in Israel. Parents are Itamar & Alyssa Levi.
• Shelly & Debbie Senders on the engagement of their daughter, Susie, to Hart Goldhar of Toronto
Hashkoma Kiddush is sponsored by Billy & Sheri Sax to commemorate the Yahrzeit of Billy’s mother.
Stone Kiddush (Banquet Hall)
These announcements are sponsored by Plaza Auto Leasing Midwest:
“Plaza Auto Leasing Midwest looks forward to servicing all of your Automotive Leasing and Buying Needs! All Makes, All Models, New and Used! Call 216-333-1380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Ask for Will Evans!”