YIGC Announcements for 9/9/17
Candle Lighting: Earliest 6:27 pm/Latest 7:29 pm
Mincha: Stone Earlier: 6:15 pm/Later: 7:35 pm—–HAC: 6:15 pm
(Stone Syn). Shabbos Childcare Groups: 10:30-11:15 am
• Boys & girls age 3 through kindergarten– Lower Level
• Boys 1st-4th grade—Lower Level
• Girls 3rd-6th grade –2nd floor Conference Room
(Stone) Shacharis Hashkoma 8:00 am.
(Stone) 8:30 pm Chumash Shiur
(Stone) Main Shul & HAC 9:00 am.
(Stone) 5:30 pm Shabbos afternoon shiur on “Halacha & Minhagim”
(HAC) 6:00 pm followed by Rabbi Yankel Cohen’s Gemara Shiur
(Stone) 6:15/ 7:15 pm. Shalosh Seudos follows the second Mincha
(HAC) 30 minutes before Maariv: Rabbi Lebovics Shiur in Jewish History for men and women
(Stone) 8:00 pm Rabbi Berger’s Shiur will be given by Rabbi Avrohom Baruch Greenblatt
Maariv: 8:27 pm
Motzei Shabbos: 8:35 pm
Weekday Shacharis times:
Stone Syn: S 7:15/8:00/8:30 am—M,Th 6:40/7:50 am TWF 6:30/7:00 am
HAC: S 7:20 am—M,Th 6:40/7:10 am—TWF 6:30/7:00 am
Mincha: Sun-Thurs. 7:25 pm
HAC Weekday Shiurim: Sun.- Thurs. Rabbi Lebovics Shiur on Trei Asar: 20 minutes before Mincha
Shabbos: Open Bais Medrash between 2nd Mincha and Maariv
Rabbi Gross’s Sunday morning class will not meet
Sun.-Thurs. Mincha 6:00 pm————–Maariv: 9:30 pm
Sun.-Thurs. Rabbi Baum’s Daf Yomi at 8:30 pm
Thursday Night Mishmor Program–Topic: The Arba Minim-8:00-9:30 pm followed by Maariv
2nd session: Sept. 14: “Esrog—In-depth Halacha learning with chavrusa followed by a guest speaker. Hot food will be served.
(Tuesday) Rabbi Baum’s class for women at 2:15 pm
Rabbi Burnstein’s classes:
• Monday class for women 8:15 pm at the home of Deena Israeli
• Daf Yomi: Sun.-Fri. 8:50 am.
• Mishna Brura, Sunday-Friday 7:30 am and Sunday -Thursday 9 pm at Young Israel
• Gemara Shiur: Wednesday after Mincha/Maariv at approximately 8:00 pm
• Wednesday Yoreh Dai’ah Shiur will not meet.
Dr. Hillel Chiel’s class: (Stone) Sunday at 9:15 am in the Beit Midrash on Rambam’s Moreh Nevuchim
10:15 am (after the 8:00 am minyan):
• Dr. Jeffrey Lautman’s Shiur on Book of Kings
• Rabbi Moshe Berger class “Aspects of Prayer and Liturgy” will not meet
• Shabbat Afternoon: Gemara-Avodah Zorah: The class is for men and women, taught by Dr. Jeffrey Lautman, at his home, 2567 Rubyvale, 6:45 pm. No Talmud experience necessary.
We are delighted to partner with Green Road synagogue to provide hospitality during the chagim for those affected in Houston. If you are willing and able to provide hospitality and/or meals, please contact Alyssa Levi at Alyssa.email@example.com
High Holiday Packets:
Please complete seat & Yizkor book forms and submit to office with payment as promptly as possible.
Calendars are now available in the office.
Shamos can be dropped off at Mt. Olive Cemetery from Sept. 11-15
Refuah Shelaima to:
Sarah Rothner (Sora bas Roiza)
Lynda Steiner (Leah Chana bas Chaya)
Irv Silber (Yitzchak Isaac ben Rivka)
Welcome New Members:
Ira & Bonnie Evans
Mazel Tov to:
• Izhak & Judith Shamir on the engagement of their grandson, Gidi Shamir to Rachel Ginsberg of N.Y. Father is Donny Shamir.
• Sora Taub on the birth of a granddaughter. Parents are Boruch & Shoshana Taub of Cleveland Hts.
• Rabbi Moshe & Marilyn Berger on the Bas Mitzvah of their granddaughter, Miriam Cassius. Parents are Jeremy & Aliza Cassius of Dallas.
• Rabbi Yehuda & Channah Appel on the birth of a granddaughter. Parents are Hillel & Tzipporah Appel of Lakewood.
(Stone) Kiddush (hot) is sponsored by “The Kiddush Group”
(Hashkoma) Kiddush is sponsored by Mark & Arlene Jacoby to commemorate the Yahrzeits of family members, in honor of the engagement of their granddaughter, Avital Pessar, to Shmaryahu Green of Toronto/Israel, and in honor of this being their last Shabbos in Cleveland before returning to Israel.
(HAC) Kiddush is sponsored by Michael & Sandy Covitch to commemorate the Yahrzeits of Michael’s parents, Boruch ben Yaakov and Rachel Miriam bas Yitzchak Covitch.
These announcements are sponsored by Plaza Auto Leasing Midwest:
“Plaza Auto Leasing Midwest looks forward to servicing all of your Automotive Leasing and Buying Needs! All Makes, All Models, New and Used! Call 216-333-1380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Ask for Will Evans!”
Community Announcements 9/9/17
Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland
Annual Fall Cemetery Cleanup—Sunday, Sept. 10, 2017—9:30 to 11:30 am
Chesed Shel Emeth Cemetery, 3740 Ridge Road, Cleveland, OH 44144
RSVP by Sept. 6 to email@example.com
Bring your own weed trimmers, shovels, clippers, hedgers, gloves, wheelbarrows and other gardening tools.
Shaimos will be collected at the Cemetery Cleanup
Thursday Night Time Learning
Upstairs in the Beachwood Kollel for all HS Teens!
9:15pm How to Love Shabbos
Stay Updated about Cleveland NCSY Events!
All teens AND parents are welcome to join our Cleveland NCSY Event Update WhatsApp group, which we’ll use this year to update everyone weekly on all upcoming events. To join, text “WhatsApp me!” to 216-213-3660.