Shavuos & Shabbos Announcements
REMINDER: EIRUV TAVSHILIN
As we prepare for the upcoming Yom Tov of Shavuos, I would like to remind you of some of the highlights of Yom Tov in our shul.
1) Please do not forget to make an Eiruv Tavshilin, tomorrow, Thursday, Erev Yom Tov. This will permit us to make any and all necessary permitted preparations on Friday, the first day of Yom Tov, for Shabbos. For details for these procedure, please look at our May newsletter.
2) The topic of my shiur on the first night of Yom Tov, Thursday night, between Mincha and Maariv, will be “Kashrus of Home Establishments”.
3) Our all night learning program for the first night of Yom Tov, will have multiple classes, and chavrusa learning. Please see the flyer below for details.
4) Our Annual Medical Panel Discussion will be on Shabbos, the second day of Yom Tov at 7: 00 PM, in the 2nd floor Beis Medrash. The topic is “Eating Disorders”.
5) Our Shalosh Seudos and concluding Ne’elas Hachag will meet after Mincha on Shabbos (Yom Tov). Come end Shabbos and Yom Tov with great ruach, and some tasty food as well.
Have a great Shabbos and a wonderful meaningful Yom Tov.
Thursday, May 25 / 5 Sivan EREV SHAVUOS
Be sure to make an ERUV TAVSHILIN before Yom Tov begins
Candle lighting: 8:29 pm
Brocha: L’hadlik Ner Shel Yom Tov & Shehecheyanu
Mincha: 8:30 pm
One should wait until 9:29 pm before making Kiddush.
Shavuos Night Learning program starting at 12:30 am
Friday, May 26 / 6 Sivan 1st DAY SHAVUOS
Early Shacharis: 5:15 am at Stone & HAC (Sunrise: 5:59 am)
Shacharis: 9:00 am at Stone Synagogue. There will not be a 9:00 am minyan at HAC.
Erev Shabbos Mincha: 7:05 pm
Candle lighting between 7:15 and 7:25 pm (please note the small window of time allotted for lighting candles)
Brocha: L’hadlik Ner Shel Shabbos V’Yom Tov & Shehecheyanu
Shabbos, May 27 / 7 Sivan 2nd DAY SHAVUOS
Shacharis: Stone 8:00/8:30/9:00 am HAC 9:00 am (Yizkor before Musaf)
(Stone) 8:25 am Chumash Shiur
(Stone) Kiddush is in the Banquet Hall
(Hashkoma) Kiddush is sponsored by: Meshullom & Shulamith Dier
(Stone) 7:00 pm Shavuos Medical Panel in Bais Medrash. Topic: “Eating Disorders”. See flyer below
Mincha: Stone 8:20 pm followed by Shalosh Seudos/Siyum & Neilas HaChag
HAC: 8:20 pm followed by Shalosh Seudos/Neilas HaChag
Ma’ariv: 9:31 pm
Yom Tov ends: 9:39 pm
Sunday & Monday (Memorial Day) 7:15/8:00/8:30 am
Th: 6:40/7:50 am
T, W, F: 6:45/7:50 am
S, T, W, F: 6:45 am
M & Th: 6:40 am
Weekday Mincha: 8:40 pm
Kollel Mincha: 6:00 pm
Kollel Maariv: 9:30 pm
Refuah Shelaima to:
Tinok ben Ariella Malka
Miriam Shaina bas Gittel
Zlata bas Chaya Sora
Bracha Bryna Luba bas Chana
Thank you to:
Sherman & Shirley Frankel for sponsoring our Shavuos flowers at the Stone Synagogue
Meshullam & Elene Feigenbaum for sponsoring our Shavuos Medical Panel program
Mazel Tov to:
Jeremy & Miriam Isaacs and Ari & Chavie Adler invite everyone for cake and ice cream in honor of the birth of their daughters on Friday, May 26, first day of Shavuos, from 5-6 pm in the Isaacs backyard, 14423 Washington Blvd, University Heights.
Memorial Day Kollel Learning Program—Monday, May 29—Stone Synagogue Bais Medrash
Shacharis: 8:30 am followed by breakfast
Chavrusa Learning at 10 am
Shiur begins at 10:45 am: “Can I Move the Fan: The Laws of Muktzah Part 2”
Aseres HaDibros Contest for Children
See flyers below for details.
University Heights Memorial Day Parade
Kosher food will be available after the University Hts. Memorial Day Parade. The parade will have a different route this year, and will end at Gearity School on the playground.
New this year will be the option to purchase kosher food (hot dogs, chips, cookies, popcorn and drinks) provided by Heights Jewish Center Synagogue!
There will be a Bounce House, Bubble activities, a magician, various booths, and many other family activities and food trucks immediately after the parade at Gearity School. The parade kicks off at 11:00am and should be at Gearity school around 11:45.